News From the Students, For the Students

The Griffin Gazette

The Griffin Gazette

The Griffin Gazette

When the clock struck 9 p.m., students gathered as the prom king and queen were announced: Jacob Moreo and Beth Siersma!
The end of an era: Prom 2024
Olivia Cooks, Staff Writer • May 21, 2024

LOS ALAMITOS, CA -- Los Alamitos High School hosted its 2024 junior and senior prom at the Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodal Center...

Its time for the class of 2024 to enter their adulthood and close the chapter to their high school career.  Seniors are finishing up their end of the year strong with all of their favorite activities and spending time with their friends.
Seniors' thoughts on the end of the school year
Layla Martinez, Staff Writer • May 21, 2024

LOS ALAMITOS CA -- As the school year of 2024 wraps up, seniors are having mixed feelings about whether or not they are looking forward to graduation...

A group of graduates throw their cap in the air, celebrating the completion of an important milestone.
How to be photo-ready for graduation
Nandi Smith, Editor • May 20, 2024

LOS ALAMITOS, CA – Graduation for the Los Alamitos High School class of 2024 is fast-approaching. The special event is Tuesday, June 4 at Dignity...

The last Los Al Live improv show of the year

Come check out the seniors vs. teachers show here at Los Al today!
@losalimprov on instagram
Get ready and come watch the final improv show of the year with Los Al Live.

LOS ALAMITOS, CA —  Los Alamitos High School is hosting a live improv show on campus in room 513, today, May 3, at 4 p.m. and 7 p.m.  The show’s tickets will be presale at just $8 and will be $10 at the door.  To buy presale tickets you will have to find Mr. Barker, the improv coach, in Room 276 or one of the students on the team.  Make sure to come out to support Los Al’s skilled live improv team.

On Friday, May 3, at 4 and 7 p.m., the Los Al Live improv team will be performing for the intended audience.  This will be Los Al’s last improv show of the year, so make sure you attend the final show! It will be a lot of fun to watch and if you need a good laugh, the improv show is where to go. Improv shows can go multiple ways but are always entertaining because you never know what to expect from these shows.

“I have been to multiple improv shows here in Los Al, [and] my favorite one was definitely the All District Show. Mr. Barker made it eventful for the audience [and I] thought that Oak Middle School’s skit was super funny, and there was a variety of all teachers, which I thought was super cool,” said senior Elizabeth Bravo-Ruiz.

With this being the last improv show, we should expect seniors vs. teachers to be acting out scenes that the audience will recommend. The teachers who will be performing at the 4 p.m. show will be Mrs. Franzen, Mrs. Fox, Coach Howard, and Mrs. Grimshaw.  The teachers for the 7 p.m. show will be Mrs. Franzen, Mrs. Fox, Mr. Brown, and Mrs. Wels. For the seniors performing, it will be Izzy Ruiz, Brooke Singleton, and David Welson.

The seniors have met every Monday to practice for their final show against the teachers. As for the teachers,  they will be practicing before showtime, but as of now there has not been any practicing that we know of, but that does not mean our teachers won’t be ready for what is coming at them because of how talented our staff is.

“The teachers have met and know what games to play but they have not practiced,” said Los Al’s improv coach, Mr. Barker. 

Make sure to come out and support Los Al Live Improv and the Los Al staff today at 4 p.m. or 7 p.m. in room 513 on the Los Al campus; it is not a show to miss! It will be the seniors’ final performance versus the teachers for an eye-opener show.