A recap on Winter Formal 2024

Los Al’s Winter Formal wowed students with the theme of Old Hollywood
What did Griffins think of Los Als 2024 Winter Formal?
Victoria Troncoso
What did Griffins think of Los Al’s 2024 Winter Formal?

LOS ALAMITOS, CA —  On Saturday, Jan. 20, Los Alamitos High School held its Old Hollywood-themed Winter Formal dance at CRAFTED at the Port of Los Angeles in San Pedro. It is safe to say this was the dance of a lifetime.  The venue was enormous, offering many different activities and food options for Los Al students. Griffins enjoyed lively music from a well-liked DJ and watched as the Formal King, Queen, Prince, and Princess were crowned for the night.

Los Al Griffins came out with style! Students showed up to the dance following the Old Hollywood theme for the night. Boys wore sharp-looking suits, and most girls wore short dresses ranging from black, green, red, blue, and many other colors.

At the venue there was fantastic trendy music, incredible food, and a mini coffee truck inside the venue, which I found was very unique and out of the blue to have at Winter Formal. Students could get chicken tenders, meatballs, taquitos, and a variety of tasty desserts at one of the food tables.

There were also blow-up photo booths where students stood inside a little blow-up hut to take good quality pictures with their friends. And let’s not forget the airbrush temporary tattoo station that was set up towards the front of the event. There were several simple and cool designs to pick from.

There was also a Bruno Mars impersonator. Bruno Mars went around taking pictures with students and even went on stage with the DJ to perform some of his classic songs like “Just the Way You Are” and “24k Magic.”

“My favorite part of formal was definitely seeing the fake Bruno Mars; people were even calling him Bruno Venus, which I thought was super funny,” said sophomore Zion Scrivens.

The DJ at Winter Formal this year was outstanding and immediately well-loved by students. Understanding the vibe of the dance, the DJ was able to keep students hyped up and in good mood all night. Most of the songs played were trendy songs loved by high schoolers, as well as some throwbacks like “Party in the USA” by Miley Cyrus.

“Formal was fun! It was fun spending time with my friends. I enjoyed all the music they played and I saw people from other schools who I knew that were invited to our school’s Winter Formal,” said sophomore Angelah Serrano.

We cannot forget about our Winter Formal court. Our Formal King this year was senior Aaron Litt, with senior Joelle Kaiser being crowned Formal Queen. Our Formal Prince and Princess were juniors Joey Santagata and Ava Gonzalez.

Overall, Winter Formal 2024 was astonishing; I would recommend that all Griffins attend Winter Formal while at Los Al because no one would want to miss out on all the fun they will have with their friends.

$50
$1000