As the 2023-24 school year comes to an end,  Los Als Griffins begin evolving into future Trojans, Broncos, Pirates, Pilgrims, and Sagehens.
Five star Los Al seniors and their college decisions
Jasmine Lee, Editor • May 3, 2024

Jamisen Penick- Boise State University Major: Communications Minor: Film and Media studies Applied to ASU, Boise, CSULB, SDSU (rejected) ...

Get ready and come watch the final improv show of the year with Los Al Live.
The last Los Al Live improv show of the year
Victoria Troncoso, Staff Writer • May 3, 2024

LOS ALAMITOS, CA --  Los Alamitos High School is hosting a live improv show on campus in room 513, today, May 3, at 4 p.m. and 7 p.m.  The...

Better FAFSA delayed the typically smooth college process by months, forcing colleges to think critically about how to distribute financial aid offers.
How 'Better FAFSA' affected the class of 2028
Nandi Smith, Editor • May 3, 2024

LOS ALAMITOS, CA – Every year, approximately 17 million students in the U.S. apply for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)....

Club Rush celebrates Los Al’s creative youth

Club Rush 2023 brings back a cherished Los Al tradition
@lahs.beachcleanupclub
The Beach Cleanup Club delivering a cute presentation in hopes of inspiring environmentalists.

LOS ALAMITOS, CA – Every year, Los Alamitos High School ASB hosts Club Rush as an opportunity to experience the vast student body and to promote an enthusiastic environment. This year, Club Rush took place Sept. 21-22. The usually empty walkway by the gym filled with the optimistic hollering of club presidents and representatives, the bombardment of lavish sweets, and silly students wearing tutus and daisies. Club Rush 2023 brought back the phenomenon Los Al students look forward to every year. 

The following Q&As with Los Al club representatives have been edited and condensed.

Vietnamese Student’s Association

A depiction of the craziness experienced at Club Rush. (Ella Suos)

Q: What motivated you to make this club?

Answer: I thought we needed a space for Vietnamese students to talk about culture. I wanted to be able to connect Vietnamese students and other students who are interested in Vietnam to immerse themselves in the culture as well as gain opportunities to get into good fields. I have a program where I will be able to get Zoom calls with Vietnamese people who are serving jobs in NASA. When you join, we’ll be able to give you those Zoom links on certain days. 

Women In STEM

Q: Why Women in STEM?

A: To promote STEM and promote women and girls in this field that’s really struggled with gender differences. Historically, the STEM fields have been very male-dominant, so we want women anticipating [careers in the field].

Key Club

Q: Why should people join this club?

A: It’s really fun. We go to Six Flags, and we get to raise money for PTP [Pediatric Trauma Program]. We’re like a giant, happy family. 

Students observed that the overwhelming crowd triggered an energetic hysteria and intensified the pressure to join as many clubs as possible. One moment students found themselves surrounded by bedazzled pom-poms, and the next they were tripping over bananas the Sophomore Student Council Club scattered on the ground as their theme. 

Meet your LAC co-presidents! By refreshing all aspects of literature, Bella Kim and Sydney Forsyte are sure to leave a lasting impression on you. (Ella Suos)

While some students thought Club Rush was less effective this year due to a decrease in student attendance on Friday, clubs recruited many students, especially freshmen. 

Embodying the foundation of Griffin culture, the clubs presented on Sept. 21-22 not only raise awareness but target the compassionate and motivated side of every student willing to make an impact.