The middle schoolers pose with the older color guard members as they get ready for their first performance.
Los Al color guard and drumline's 2024 spring showcase
Jaya Eapen, Staff Writer • April 30, 2024

LOS ALAMITOS, CA -- After finishing their successful spring seasons, Los Al's color guard and drumline put on a stunning showcase last Sunday,...

Gavin Ordinario pushing it in the 800 meter run after winning the 1600 meter run a couple hours before.
Surf League Finals was a heated meet for Los Al's track athletes
Ella Suos, Staff Writer • April 30, 2024

LOS ALAMITOS, CA – On April 26, 2024, the track became a thriller show as Los Alamitos High School’s athletes lost themselves on the track...

Students were racing to the crowd as they attempted to catch a glimpse of Ryan Seacrest and other KIIS FM staff.
Ryan Seacrest stops by Los Alamitos High School
Reese Neiger and Kalea Davies April 26, 2024

LOS ALAMITOS, CA — The music blasted in the quad as Los Alamitos High School students danced along during KIIS FM's visit with Ryan Seacrest!...

Musicans Collective Club

A new club coming soon on campus for anyone who wants to join!
The+club+leaders+of+Musicians+Collective+and+Mr.+Padilla%2C+the+orchestra+teacher%2C++outside+the+orchestra+room+during+lunch.+
Kalea Davies
The club leaders of Musicians Collective and Mr. Padilla, the orchestra teacher, outside the orchestra room during lunch.

LOS ALAMITOS, CA — As Club Rush begins, the students of Los Alamitos High School have been itching to join clubs on campus. A new club, called the Musicians Collective Club, has sprouted from four students who have a deep love for music. 

Oliva Fassoth (president), Kaylin Kline (co-president), Kira Davies (vice president), and Coco Zhao (co-vice president) are four juniors who each share a passion for different music genres and artists. They have assembled a club to explore different music genres, talk about their music preferences, and make friends with others with similar tastes. 

“[Our club] is about providing a space for people to be able to talk about the kinds of music that they like,” said Fassoth.  “Overall it’s a really good space for people interested in music to make friends and spend their time productively.”

These girls came up with the idea for the Musicians Collective because they constantly eat lunch in the orchestra room, discussing the new music they are playing and listening to other students playing their instruments. They hope this club will help the instrumental programs to become more popular and publicized throughout the school while also creating a comfortable space for all students.  

The club’s leaders have definitely been on top with their preparations and are proving that they make a wonderful team. They have been prepping for their first open mic, discussing ideas for community service, activities to do with the club, creating posters, and posting information on their Instagram: @musicians.collective.

The Musicians Collective hosts days where the club comes in to play instruments and listen to music for everyone who is interested in participating. Mr. Padilla, the orchestra and jazz teacher, graciously lets the club use his classroom (room 518) and equipment for the students. Even though Club Rush has only just begun, there are already some students who are eager to join. 

“A lot of the orchestra kids are in the club and I have a few friends of my circle who are interested [in joining but] for the most part it’s [for] anyone who can play an instrument or who enjoys music,” said Kline.

The Musicians Collective will most likely meet during lunch two to four times a month for their meetings and aforementioned days to play instruments and listen to music with the club. If you are looking for a fun space to express your music tastes with others, look for the Musicians Collective club on Sept. 21-22 during Club Rush! 

$50
$1000