Following The Winter Art Show

The Winter Art Show is a way for all students of LAHS to participate and show off their artwork

Isabella Gasper, Staff Writer

LOS ALAMITOS, CA– During lunch on Thursday, December 8th at 6 pm, and Friday, December 9th at lunch, the visual art classes of Los Alamitos had an art show to display the various pieces of artwork that the students have been working on all semester.

Many different mediums were represented in an art room between the 600 and 700 buildings. The students from (AP) Digital Art, AP Studio Art, Drawing and Painting, (AP) Ceramics and (AP) Photography classes were allowed and encouraged to submit their artwork.

Students were able to visit the exhibition during lunch, and families could visit after school on Thursday.

There was a steady stream after school, yet it could not rival the massive crowd of students eagerly waiting to see their peers’ artwork during lunch.

Many students and teachers raved about the immense quality of the artwork.

“We had a lot of really amazing student artworks displayed at The Griffin Gallery Winter Art Show this year!” said Mrs. Maher, the teacher for Drawing and Painting and AP Studio Art.

The crowded Art Show during lunch on Friday with students looking at the displayed artwork. (Jonas Corliss)

“It was incredible! The talent at this school is fantastic!” said Sydney Chait-Walter, a sophomore who went during lunch.

The Winter Art Show was a complete success and it got to showcase many wonderful artists’ talents and abilities.

“I hope to see even more students participating next year,” said Mrs. Maher.