Students were racing to the crowd as they attempted to catch a glimpse of Ryan Seacrest and other KIIS FM staff.
Ryan Seacrest stops by Los Alamitos High School
Reese Neiger and Kalea Davies April 26, 2024

LOS ALAMITOS, CA — The music blasted in the quad as Los Alamitos High School students danced along during KIIS FM's visit with Ryan Seacrest!...

Students study in the Stephen A. Schwarzman Building, the main branch of the New York public library, located in the heart of Manhattan.
Colleges welcome the class of 2028
Nandi Smith, Staff Writer • April 24, 2024

LOS ALAMITOS, CA – After a stressful college application season, the class of 2024 has officially received all of their admissions decisions...

Electric car charging in Birmingham, UK City Centre.
Courtesy of Unsplash
Electric vehicles are taking over the world
Olivia Cooks, Staff Writer • April 23, 2024

Tesla's Model 3 is one of their most popular vehicles and reaches a top speed of 125mph.

Los Al’s dance team danced their way past the competition

The dance team killed it last weekend at the KAR Dance Competition in Redondo Beach
Los Al Dance Team
Los Al’s dance team frolics around the stage at the KAR competition.

LOS ALAMITOS, CA — Los Alamitos High School’s dance team danced past the competition with their “Love in the Dark” routine last weekend and came home with a Judge’s Choice Award for Passion and Heart. The team brought Adele’s vocals to life with vitality at the Kids Artistic Revue (KAR) Dance Competition in Redondo Beach, earning esteemed top scores for their performance.

“We were really happy to win, and I know that we worked very hard for this moment,” said dancer Avery Yew.

The girls frolicked around the stage using majestic movements to hypnotize their audience. Typical of Los Al’s gold standard for athletics and arts, the dance team presented unique flair, showcasing their abilities and promising an enthralling journey. As the lights dimmed, the team offered a sensation of high-energy resilience to the stage, achieving a well-earned award.

“My philosophy, and what I told the girls, was that we should treat this like any performance,” Mrs. Jones, Los Al’s dance teacher, explained.

The team’s primary objective was to exhibit passion that the judges could feel — which they successfully delivered.

“[I told them to] have a little empathy for the judges and give them something that’s moving — something that makes them grateful that they saw you dance,” Mrs. Jones said.

The KAR competition offered a unique environment to showcase the confidence, dedication, and discipline required to be a dancer. They have over 80 regional competitions and six national finals, inspiring dancers across the country to strive for perfection.

$50
$1000