Griffin News’ third annual short film needs extras!

Griffin News and Los Alamitos Drama need YOUR help in being an extra in the third annual short film!

Sofia Youngs

The front cover of Nathan Spolter’s new comedy “Time’s Up”

Sofia Youngs, Editor

LOS ALAMITOS, CA–The third annual Griffin News short film needs extras for the movie “Times Up”!

The projected 30-minute short film, written by Nathan Spolter and directed by Sofia Youngs, needs all the help they can get to make their short film a reality. “Times Up” is a time-stopping comedy specially written for teenagers and is projected to begin filming early next week.

Although not need any more help crew-wise, production needs countless extras to be in the background of almost every scene! Extras may not receive any speaking lines but will be named in the credits.

What could your name be? “Stranger 1” or “Stranger 2”? The possibilities are endless!

The “Times Up” short film Instagram page for updates about the movie! (Sofia Youngs)

“This film is gonna be different from the past two years. We were down making more dramas,” Executive Producer and film teacher Conner Brown said. “Dramas are great, don’t get me wrong, but we all knew we needed a laugh this year.” Filming for the short will plan over about 1.5 months, with most scenes being filmed after school to ensure the most amount of people is available.

“We need all the help we can get to make this short film possible!” Sarah Roudabush, a sophomore in Griffin News and Production Coordinator of the film said. “We’re having a ton of fun but this [short] is only possible if students are able to help out in any way they can.”

More information about the short film can be found on The Griffin News Instagram or The Short Film Instagram. The link for the Short Film Extra Interest Form can be found here.

Want to stop by and ask a question? Head to room 415 at lunch or after school or email [email protected], [email protected], or [email protected]  for any additional questions.

The “Times Up” team is looking forward to speaking and working with you soon!