Five star Los Al seniors and their college decisions

College admissions begins to thrill seniors as more and more student begin committing to their future pathways
As the 2023-24 school year comes to an end,  Los Als Griffins begin evolving into future Trojans, Broncos, Pirates, Pilgrims, and Sagehens.
As the 2023-24 school year comes to an end, Los Al’s Griffins begin evolving into future Trojans, Broncos, Pirates, Pilgrims, and Sagehens.
Jasmine Lee
Penick is preparing to become a Boise Bronco in their exceptional film program and womens lacross team. Penick said Ive been a Denver Bronco football fan [since] I was born and now I get to be a Boise State Bronco.
Jamisen Penick – Boise State University

Jamisen Penick will be attending Boise State University (BSU) in the upcoming 2024-25 school year with a major in Communications and a minor in Film and Media Studies.

Having gained acceptance to Arizona State University, Boise State, and California State University Long Beach, she intentionally chose Boise for their film school and exceptional sports.

Penick said “The school offers a great film program, especially related to their sports, which is what I want to go into as my career.”

Famous for their beautiful campus and their high achieving football team, BSU seems to be the perfect choice for Penick to explore the next four years of her life!

Penick is preparing to become a Boise Bronco in their exceptional film program and women’s lacross team. Penick said “I’ve been a Denver Bronco football fan [since] I was born and now I get to be a Boise State Bronco.” (Jamisen Penick )
By remaining both consistent and creative within his role in Los Als ASB and MUN, Ramirez hopes to encounter challenges that can lead to success and growth within the next four years at USC.
Ryan Ramirez – University of Southern California

ASB Class President, Ryan Ramirez, has committed to attending the University of Southern California (USC) and is entering with a major in political science with an emphasis on pre-law.

As a top nationally ranked school, the real enticement of becoming a USC Trojan to Ramirez was its role as one of the outstanding political science schools in the country, along with strong professors and accomplished alumni body.

Ramirez said “While attending USC, I hope to join some academic and volunteer-based clubs and discover an internship that is able to help me grow my knowledge in law.”

The popular university praises those who are both high-achieving and hard working, which can open Ramirez up to the opportunities he desires in the perfect environment!

By remaining both consistent and creative within his role in Los Al’s ASB and MUN, Ramirez hopes to encounter challenges that can lead to success and growth within the next four years at USC. (Ryan Ramirez)
Excited to join the Pitzer College campus, Huq can now explore the world surrounding environmental sciences.
Maddie Huq – Pitzer College

Los Al senior Maddie Huq is entering her university life for the 2024-25 school year at Pitzer College at Pomona with a major in environmental science.

Pitzer College, a prominent liberal arts college within Los Angeles County, is best known for their emphasis on social justice, environmental, and natural science programs.

As an active member within school programs like the Spanish Honor Society, Huq was most interested in staying within the Southern California area.

Huq said “I wanted to stay in California and I wanted a smaller school so I could better connect with other students and the professors and Pitzer had all that!”

Excited to join the Pitzer College campus, Huq can now explore the world surrounding environmental sciences. (Maddie Huq)
Known across campus for being incredibly hard working, Kim prefers to continuously challenge himself in the future. I look forward to tackling the overwhelming number of opportunities offered and challenging my limits said Kim.
Sean Kim – Harvard University

Co-president of California Scholarship Federation, Sean Kim, committed to Harvard University. Planning to major in government, specifically AI Governance, with a secondary in economics, he hopes to study AI Governance within his time in the prestigious Ivy League.

“The most valuable resource Harvard offers is the community of diverse backgrounds, interests, and skills that promotes the college’s mission of advancing humanity,” Kim said.

Throughout his wide accomplishments within his four years at Los Al, Harvard has the ability to offer him a wide range of opportunities within the Harvard Kennedy School.

Working to create a positive impact in the world, Kim said that “by the end of [his] time at Harvard, [he] hope[s] to have realized the best avenue to which [his] education could positively impact the lives of others.”

Known across campus for being incredibly hard working, Kim prefers to continuously challenge himself in the future. “I look forward to tackling the overwhelming number of opportunities offered and challenging my limits” said Kim. (Sean Kim)
Throughout his studies of body movement and composition, Myers has the opportunity to stay within Orange County. The area is nearby Newport Beach and the school itself is one of the community colleges that is most like a UC or Cal State school he said.
Sage Myers – Orange Coast College

Los Al senior Sage Myers will be attending Orange Coast College, with a major in Kinesiology and plans to potentially train and become a physical therapist.

Orange Coast is known as being one of the best community colleges within Orange County and having the highest transfer rates in the nation. He plans to expand his learning further by transferring to either a Cal State or a University of California branch once finished with his education within Orange Coast.

“At Orange Coast, I hope to be able to stay on top of all [the] work and keep a good balance between school and my personal life,” Myers said.

In the future, studying to help a person in terms of their mobility and movement is quickly growing in popularity and can provide the perfect opportunity for Myers!

Throughout his studies of body movement and composition, Myers has the opportunity to stay within Orange County. “The area is nearby Newport Beach and the school itself is one of the community colleges that is most like a UC or Cal State school” he said. (Sage Myers)
View Comments (2)
$50
$1000