Brooke and Adrian for 2024 sophomore class presidents

Get to know Los Al’s sophomore co-presidents for 2024-2025
Francesca McCall Hokama
Our amazing sophomore Presidents

LOS ALAMITOS, CA — Last week, Los Al Griffins voted for who they wanted to be the 2024-25 ASB president, vice president, and class co-presidents. On voting day, March 15, Adrian Lopez and Brooke Bantle were elected as next year’s sophomore class co-presidents. Lopez and Bantle spoke with the Griffin Gazette about plans for their presidency, as well as what motivated them to run.

Adrian Lopez showing off school spirit! (Adrian Lopez)

Q&A with Adrian Lopez

The following interview has been edited and condensed  

Question: What/who inspired you to want to run for president?

Answer: My peers and my goals inspired me to join ASB! I see how many of my classmates enjoy school as it is, so I wanted to continue to make the experience enjoyable while helping to make it fun for the few who do not like school. My other inspiration was that I had really wanted to join ASB since the beginning of the year, but unfortunately, I didn’t get chosen the first time. I did not give up though, and I was able to get elected!

Q: What are your plans to contribute to the school next year?

A: My plan to contribute for the next school year is to ask other current freshmen what ideas and thoughts they have about certain events and ideas to add to my ideas and everyone else’s on ASB. I also plan to continue to make the school dances fun, enjoyable, and inclusive by advertising to everyone inclusively!

Q: What was the most difficult part of running for president? 

A: The most difficult part about running for co-president was the preparation and going and talking to people. I did not realize our deadline for most things was a week in advance, so I did mostly everything the week of. I talked to many people about my campaign, and I was mostly nervous about their response. Overall, my response was very positive!

Q: What did you do to celebrate the sophomore election?

A: For my election, I did not celebrate it immediately, but I volunteered with my friends at the choir competition right after school. However, one thing I have done is dyed my hair pink because it was one of my campaign promises!

Q: How did you feel when you saw you won the election? 

A: When I found out I won, I felt so happy. I felt like all the hard work I did was worth it, and I was so grateful to everyone who voted and helped me out. My dreams of promoting the school and wellness on campus are finally coming true, and I cannot wait to do my best as sophomore co-president during the 2024-2025 school year.

Brooke Bantle showing her strong hustle for people to vote for her!

Q&A with Brooke Bantle 

Q: What/who inspired you to want to run for president? 

A: I am currently freshman co-president and have loved the experience, so I thought it would be really fun to go through the campaign process and become next year’s president as well. Our future ASB president (Emmany Thao) also inspired me to run because I look up to her as a person and ASB member.

A: Next year my plans to contribute to the school year are to [be] better [at bringing] together the class of 2024 and get [the students] hyped for school activities and the following years of high school to come.

A: The most difficult part in having to run for president was planning our campaign and making sure we had everything ready on time, but overall it was a fun experience

A: I felt great when I won the election and was excited to see who my co-president would be.

Q: What did you do to celebrate winning the election?

A: I was in the car going on vacation when I got the car. I spent the weekend with family and friends!

Make sure to stay updated on the Griffin Gazette and check out our next article interviewing our future ASB presidents!