The future of Los Al’s class presidency

Get to know Los Al’s junior class presidents for 2024-2025
Los Als 2024-2025 junior co-presidents, Izzy Leon-Huber and Ella Pardassani, posing together at the beach.
Los Al’s 2024-2025 junior co-presidents, Izzy Leon-Huber and Ella Pardassani, posing together at the beach.
Courtesy of Izzy Leon-Huber

LOS ALAMITOS, CA —  Last week, Los Alamitos High School elected next years’ class presidents. Students were given a week to get to know who was running for future presidency; the following Friday, Griffins voted for who they thought was best fit to fill the positions. Our winners were Brooke Bantle and Adrian Lopez for sophomore co-presidents, Izzy Leon-Huber and Ella Pardassani for junior co-presidents, Emma Lee and Maddie Shafer for senior co-presidents, Jillian Muller for ASB vice president, and Emmany Thao for ASB president.

Izzy Leon-Huber and Ella Pardassani, our future junior co-presidents, told the Griffin Gazette what was like to run for presidency and their plans for Los Al next year.

Q&A with 2024-2025 junior co-president Izzy Leon-Huber:

This interview was conducted via email and has been edited and condensed 

One of Los Al’s future junior co-president, Izzy Leon-Huber. (Izzy Leon-Huber)

Question: What/who inspired you to run for president?

Answer: Ella was my motivation. I would not have considered running without her.

Q: What are your plans for contributing to next school year?

A: I want to get more involved and bring more hype for our school events so that junior year can be the best year.

Q: What was the most difficult part of having to run for president?

A: The most difficult part was anticipating the interview. I say this because leading up to the interview, it was really nerve-racking, but once you are in there, everyone is super nice and welcoming and all the nerves just go away.

Q: What did you do to celebrate winning the junior election?

A: After seeing that we won, I went to the beach with the rest of the people who won/ran, and we all got food.

Q: How did you feel when you saw you won the election?

A: I honestly felt relieved and accomplished. It made me realize all the work and time we put into making our campaign the best we could all paid off.

Q&A with 2024-2025 junior co-president Ella Pardassani: 

This interview was conducted via email and has been edited and condensed. 

Ella Pardassani, next years junior co-president at Los Al (Ella Pardassani)

Q: What/who inspired you to want to run for president?

A: My motivation was Emmany (the current junior class president). She inspired me because she told me all about how fun it is and how much of a great experience it is. I always wanted to be a part of ASB and run for president, but her inspiration helped motivate me to run.

Q: What are your plans for contributing for next school year?

A: I want to bring some new ideas to ASB. I also want to improve the ASB events and themes. I want to use other students’ opinions to make it more fun to be a part of!

Q: What was the most difficult part of running for president?

A: The most difficult part in running for president was definitely finding creative ideas for videos, posters, and everything to make our campaign different from the others. It was definitely a lot of work to make my ideas actually happen and purchase it all, but it was so rewarding in the end.

A: To celebrate winning the election, I went to the beach with some others who ran and won ASB positions, and we got food and celebrated together!

A: When I found out I won the election I was so happy! I literally was so excited and so happy that after all the work that Izzy and I put in to prepare and throughout the week, it worked out in our favor. I was truly so appreciative and relieved at the same time.

Make sure to stay updated and check out Griffin Gazette’s next article interviewing Los Al’s new sophomore co-presidents!

$50
$1000