Students were racing to the crowd as they attempted to catch a glimpse of Ryan Seacrest and other KIIS FM staff.
Ryan Seacrest stops by Los Alamitos High School
Reese Neiger and Kalea DaviesApril 26, 2024

LOS ALAMITOS, CA — The music blasted in the quad as Los Alamitos High School students danced along during KIIS FM's visit with Ryan Seacrest!...

Students study in the Stephen A. Schwarzman Building, the main branch of the New York public library, located in the heart of Manhattan.
Colleges welcome the class of 2028
Nandi Smith, Staff Writer • April 24, 2024

LOS ALAMITOS, CA – After a stressful college application season, the class of 2024 has officially received all of their admissions decisions...

Electric car charging in Birmingham, UK City Centre.
Courtesy of Unsplash
Electric vehicles are taking over the world
Olivia Cooks, Staff Writer • April 23, 2024

Tesla's Model 3 is one of their most popular vehicles and reaches a top speed of 125mph.

15 Los Al athletes sign to different colleges on Wednesday

Set on their new path of life, National Signing Day for Los Al´s prized athletic department commits the students to a hopeful future
The+18+students+wait+to+officially+commit+to+their+colleges+before+the+ceremony+begins.+
Jasmine Lee
The 18 students wait to officially commit to their colleges before the ceremony begins.

LOS ALAMITOS, CA — On Nov. 8, from 12:45 p.m. to 1:20 p.m., 15 senior athletes sat in Los Alamitos High School’s gym to officially announce their college commitments. In front of their close friends and family members, they also signed National Letters of Intent.

National College Signing Day normally begins in Los Al in November but for certain areas and sports, it’s celebrated in April or other months. The students gathered there with the main purpose of signing National Letters of Intent (NLI) to their accepted schools.

Next College Student Athlete (NCSA) College Recruiting says ¨The National Letter of Intent is not affiliated directly with the NCAA; it was created by the Collegiate Commissioners Association to protect both the college and student from either party backing out.¨

This letter provides the school with at least a one-year commitment to the school by the student. In return, the school provides financial aid to the incoming college students. As athletic scholarships tend to be renewable, the contract lasts one year, and the student have the choice to renew annually.

Mr. Hyepock, Assistant Principal of Arts, Facilities, Athletics, and Activities, and Principal Kraus began the introduction as they congratulated the students for their consistent hard work and thanked the crowd for their massive attendance. Different colleges were about to welcome talented Griffin athletes into their schools, such as California State San Marcos, California State Santa Clara, and Iowa University.

The 15 students simultaneously signed their NLI’s as the massive crowd erupted in applause and cheers. Proud parents in the audience held their cameras up high while the audience applauded loudly for each student.

“I’m excited for her next future and how she [decides] the way she wants to go,” said Carson Fitzpatrick. His sister, varsity softball player Callie Fitzpatrick, committed to California State University, Long Beach.

Los Al feels sure that these athletes will continue to prosper in life with their future commitments. Good luck and congratulations to our Griffins for successfully committing to their colleges!

$50
$1000