The most fashionable night of the year saw major celebrities dress to embody the theme, Garden of Time, through the feature of flowers, beige, and gothic elements.
Fashion's biggest night reviewed: The Met Gala's good and bad outfits
Jasmine Lee and Jaya EapenMay 8, 2024

LOS ALAMITOS, CA -- The much anticipated Met Gala rolled around on Monday, May 6, complete with its refined extravagance and exquisite designs....

Los Al just had their last improv show featuring seniors and teachers facing off with each of their comedic skits. Everyone in the audience was laughing and didnt want the show to end. Four teachers against four students were able to make the evening entertaining for Los Al Griffins.
Los Al's last improv show of the year: Seniors vs. Teachers
Layla Martinez, Staff Writer • May 7, 2024

LOS ALAMITOS, CA -- Los Alamitos High School’s last improv show of the year produced a hilarious and eventful spectacle that not only entertained...

As the 2023-24 school year comes to an end,  Los Als Griffins begin evolving into future Trojans, Broncos, Pirates, Pilgrims, and Sagehens.
Five star Los Al seniors and their college decisions
Jasmine Lee, Editor • May 3, 2024

Jamisen Penick- Boise State University Major: Communications Minor: Film and Media studies Applied to ASU, Boise, CSULB, SDSU (rejected) ...

Griffin volunteers at the Hopkinson Fall Carnival

The lively elementary school summoned every spooky spirit to come together on the night of Friday, Oct. 13
Ella Suos
Two mischievous elementary boys hogging the booth stand game of ball toss while raffle tickets pile in their pockets.

LOS ALAMITOS, CA – As the leaves rustle and neighborhood houses appear more alluring with their spotted pumpkins and vibrant marigolds, Seal Beach and Rossmoor delight in the warm traditions such as Autumnfest, costume-themed school fundraisers, and artistic drives on the Seal Beach pier. Lasting from 2:30 in the afternoon to 7 at dusk, the Hopkinson Fall Carnival was another dramatic holiday celebration. Elementary students found it hilarious to cheat every booth stand game, parents seemed to be more obsessed with the raffle tickets than the restless children, and high school volunteers scattered the ground like ants.

As a prelude to Halloween, many young folks experimented with their costumes and makeup. They feasted on buttery popcorn and apple cider and possibly lost themselves in a maze of balloon playhouses, creative workshops, and pumpkin smashing. The carnival was created to support local artistry, art education, Los Al businesses, Rossmoor communities, and creative expression.

While many high school volunteers sought the festivities as a benefit on behalf of their service hours, there were some who embraced the tradition with the sentimentality of their own innocent years in elementary school.

Curious little ones courageously wait in line for the haunted house while parents linger around.
(Ella Suos)

“I volunteered at 2 to 3 of the booth stands. They catered Chick-fil-A, which was great. There were so many kids and it was great seeing them win prizes. There were food trucks and inflatables and overall, it was a great time for everyone who attended. I can’t say it brought back memories because I’m new to Los Al, although it was fairly similar to last year,” junior Caleb Heenan said.

“My English teacher last year, Mrs. Weber, always told us when there would be carnivals because her kids are in elementary school, and she says the elementary schoolers always love it when we go back to volunteer in our Griffin shirts,” junior Bella Kim said.

For anyone thinking about volunteering at a wild, adorable autumn carnival, the Hopkinson Fall Event is awaiting your love and generosity next school year!

$50
$1000