Los Al’s annual ceramics and jewelry sale

The 3D design and ceramic classes came together to create and sell a plethora of inspiring art pieces
Cora Miller
Intricate art made by the ceramic classes glows in the sun during the ceramics and jewelry sale.

LOS ALAMITOS, CA — The annual ceramics and jewelry sale at Los Alamitos High School took place Dec. 14-15 during lunch, showcasing the incredible talent of the 3D design and ceramics classes. The event was divided into two sections, with one dedicated to an array of beautifully hand-crafted jewelry and the other with intricate ceramic pieces.

The 3D design section was a treasure trove for all jewelry wearers. Students put their skills to work and crafted earrings, bracelets, rings, key chains, and other small metal works for people to purchase. Many students walked by admiring tables while their eyes sparkled with amazement.

On the other side of the event was the ceramics section, which was a true feast for the eyes. Students could purchase items including bowls, plates, candle holders, vases, and many other complex projects. Each piece sold was a testament to the artists’ captivating creativity.

Not only did the sale provide an opportunity for the students to show off their artistic abilities, but it also served as a fundraiser for the art classes. The funds raised from the sale are going towards purchasing the art supplies needed to make the artwork displayed.

Mrs. Ferrel, the 3D design teacher, was the cashier for the designated table.

“[This sale] helps to bring awareness to the projects students make in 3D design, and also encourages people to try out the class,” Mrs. Ferrel said. “All the money that we gather goes to support the materials and the students.”

The affordability of the items made it accessible for everyone to take home a piece of art. With jewelry priced between $1-6 and ceramic pieces ranging from $5-20, it was a fantastic opportunity to find unique gifts for loved ones or even add a touch of character to one’s home.

$50
$1000