News From the Students, For the Students

The Griffin Gazette

The Griffin Gazette

The Griffin Gazette

The four Los Al students pose under a tree before heading off to NYC.
Los Al drama students perform at Lincoln Center this week
Sydney Forsyte, Section Editor • February 16, 2024

LOS ALAMITOS, CA -- Four students from the Los Alamitos High School - Leo Athy, Eva Parhami, Brooke Singleton, and Ali Valenzuela - left today,...

Los Als frosh softball team in the middle of playing their game.
Girls Frosh softball team dominates their first game
Reese Neiger, Staff Writer • February 16, 2024

LOS ALAMITOS, CA -- On Tuesday, Feb. 13, Los Al's Girls Frosh softball team played their first game of the season. The team played on the Los...

Los Al sophomore Stewart McCaleb will be in Miami Feb. 17-24 competing in the Olympic Team Trials for sailing. It’s more about the experience than actually trying to win,” McCaleb said.
Los Al sophomore to compete in Olympic Trials for sailing
Bella Kim, Editor-in-Chief • February 16, 2024

LOS ALAMITOS, CA -- Under a clear, blue sky on open, choppy water, Stewart McCaleb picks up speed, expertly handling the lines on his Laser with...

Los Al’s Winter Art Show

Fabulous pieces of art were displayed during the annual Winter Art Show
Cora Miller
The biggest and most admired painting showcased at Los Al’s Winter Art Show.

LOS ALAMITOS, CA — Last Friday during lunch, Los Alamitos High School transformed the Griffin Gallery into a captivating walkthrough space for students to appreciate the talents of their fellow peers. The Winter Art Show brought together a diverse range of artistic expressions from the many art classes on Los Al’s campus.

Students, like sophomore Destry Smith, were able to walk through and admire the paintings, sketches, drawings, digital art, pottery, and mesmerizing 3D design metal projects displayed throughout the gallery.

“I think all the artists put in a lot of work,” Smith said. “Every piece of art deserves to be seen.”

As the students walked through the gallery, they were greeted by an array of different art forms. Lively brushstrokes and vibrant tones lit up the room. Each intricate masterpiece seemed to contain a story of its own. A section dedicated to ceramics was placed in the center of the room, showing off elegantly crafted vases to carved bowls. Equally impressive were the 3D design metal projects that reflected light onto the back wall of the gallery.

Sophomore Paige Rodriguez gazed at all of the artwork with a face of shock.

“All of the art leaves my jaw dropped,” Rodriguez said. “It’s crazy to me the things people can create with such little materials and how the creativity flows from their heads onto their projects.”

The winter art exhibition served as a platform for the artists to showcase their best abilities and talents while emphasizing the importance of fostering artistic expression in school and encouraging budding artists to continue to explore their passions. The young creators of Los Al have shown their boundless imagination and their unwavering dedication is sure to leave a mark on the art world.

Make sure to check out the next art show, Los Al!

View Comments (1)
$50
$1000