Los Al’s Fall Art Show

Students displayed their beautiful pieces of art in the Fall Art Show
Jaya Eapen
The Fall Art Show was held in the Griffin Gallery last week.

LOS ALAMITOS, CA — The art classes of Los Al collaborated to create their Fall Art Show, hosted in the Griffin Gallery during lunch from Nov. 3-4. The display presented more than 50 pieces created by the Drawing and Painting, Digital Art, and AP Digital Art classes. Throughout lunch, many people filtered in and out of the Gallery to see the beautifully creative works of art.

“There was never a moment where there weren’t people in the gallery. It always makes me happy that there’s people cycling through [who] want to show other people [their work],” said Mr. Long, the Digital Art Teacher. 

Apart from the tangible artwork created on paper, the Digital Art classes displayed digital animations for the first time.

“I think that’s a different form that they obviously haven’t shown before so it’s nice that they’re able to display it,” said Supriya Lamb, a junior.

As art shows are a rarity at Los Al, many students were excited about the chance to see the talent of their peer artists.

“I think it’s really cool. I feel like there are not a lot of opportunities for people to display their art. Like [different activities get] a lot of attention but not a lot of actual art gets a lot of attention” said Sydney Chait-Walter, a junior.

“I think the success is measured by the enthusiasm on students’ faces. When they arrive and see their work on display. There’s been a lot of smiles, so that’s a good sign as well” said Ms. Crutchfield, one of the Drawing and Painting teachers. 

Make sure to check out the next art show to see the hard work of the different art classes of Los Al!

$50
$1000