The re-recorded release of Taylor Swift’s ‘1989’

Taylor Swift amazes Swifties with her new re-recorded release of her well-known album “1989”
Francesca McCall Hokama
1989 re-recorded release is here for swifties!

LOS ALAMITOS, CA — Students at Los Alamitos High School may have heard that Taylor Swift released her re-recorded album “1989” on Oct. 27, which was the same day the original was released. Swift is doing the same for all her past albums.

“I like the new version better because she finally is able to own it and steal it back from Scooter, and I love the new vault tracks so much,” Joey Santagata, a junior, said.

The reason Swift is re-recording her music is so she can get full control and ownership of all her past releases.

“Even though the songs have been out, it’s like it’s new and fun all over again,” Kaylee Garcia, a freshman, said.

I listened to the album, and it brought so many memories back from when it was first released. I felt as if the only thing that was different to me is Swift’s voice, considering the original came out nine years ago. Her voice and persona, in general, have changed through the years, so the album feels more grown-up and mature.

“I [think] this album sounds more grown up now because [of] how much her voice has developed since the original came out. I like the new version better because of her voice development and the fact that she added some great new songs,” Samantha Mora, a freshman, said.

Some people may say that the album is different because it has a more Auto-Tune sound to it, but I think Swift sounds great, and I did not hear any noticeable Auto-Tune.

I think that it is amazing that Swift now has the rights to her own music, which any person who creates something should be able to have. My favorite song that I really enjoyed hearing with her mature voice is “Style.”

Some new songs that are featured on the re-recorded release are “Slut!,” “Is It Over Now?,” “Now That We Don’t Talk,” and “Suburban Legend.”

I thinks it’s very interesting that Swift added new songs to an already-existing album of hers, but it also makes sense, considering this is “Taylor’s Version.”

I encourage anyone to listen to the album, even if they’re not familiar with Swift’s genre or style of music. To me, her re-recorded version can show how much someone can grow in just a couple of years. Even if you don’t like the genre or music, you can still appreciate its growth and impact.