News From the Students, For the Students

The Griffin Gazette

The Griffin Gazette

The Griffin Gazette

Students were racing to the crowd as they attempted to catch a glimpse of Ryan Seacrest and other KIIS FM staff.
Ryan Seacrest stops by Los Alamitos High School
Reese Neiger and Kalea DaviesApril 26, 2024

LOS ALAMITOS, CA — The music blasted in the quad as Los Alamitos High School students danced along during KIIS FM's visit with Ryan Seacrest!...

Students study in the Stephen A. Schwarzman Building, the main branch of the New York public library, located in the heart of Manhattan.
Colleges welcome the class of 2028
Nandi Smith, Staff Writer • April 24, 2024

LOS ALAMITOS, CA – After a stressful college application season, the class of 2024 has officially received all of their admissions decisions...

Electric car charging in Birmingham, UK City Centre.
Courtesy of Unsplash
Electric vehicles are taking over the world
Olivia Cooks, Staff Writer • April 23, 2024

Tesla's Model 3 is one of their most popular vehicles and reaches a top speed of 125mph.

Haute Dog Howl’oween Parade

The Haute Dog Howl’oween Parade was a fantastic event for dog lovers and pets alike
Sydney Forsyte
This adorably terrifying pup was dressed up as Georgie from “It” while his owner dressed up as the killer clown herself.

LOS ALAMITOS, CA — This year’s Haute Dog Howl’oween Parade was a roaring (or woofing) success! Denizens of Long Beach all flocked to the Belmont Shore park that  served as the parade route. 

Before the parade, there were several tents and booths set up to sell a variety of pet-related gear ranging from dog-food companies to custom costume makers. Costumed parade watchers milled around eagerly perusing the wares as they searched for more ways to pamper their pets.

At promptly 2:30 p.m., the pet owners and pets lined up and began to promenade down the bike path that was their runway. Some dogs were able to embrace the spotlight, patiently sitting on their wagons or carriers that had been decorated to match the theme of their costumes. Others were less willing to face the masses and, overexcited, they shook their heads and scratched their bodies, sending wigs flying and leaving poor owners to wrangle their overexcited pooches. One particular Flintstones-themed float had its Cocker Spaniel attempt to leap out and make a break for freedom mid-route!

Some costumes were more traditional, like the dime-a-dozen hamburger or pizza, but others were more niche, like owners wearing Linus and Lucy costumes while one dog was dressed as Snoopy and the other as the Great Pumpkin from the Charlie Brown Halloween special. “Star Wars,” “Toy Story,” and “Barbie” seemed to be popular themes, with no less than three separate groups each.

It was apparent that for many owners, this was the highlight of the Halloween season, with weeks of work leading up to planning their costumes, designing their floats, and decorating their pooches entirely.

The highlight of the parade was clearly a Barbie-themed float complete with bubbles, an elaborate design, and dancing pet wonders surrounding it.

The eventful day concluded, and happy pet owners and pets returned home full of the Halloween spirit.