Students were racing to the crowd as they attempted to catch a glimpse of Ryan Seacrest and other KIIS FM staff.
Ryan Seacrest stops by Los Alamitos High School
Reese Neiger and Kalea DaviesApril 26, 2024

LOS ALAMITOS, CA — The music blasted in the quad as Los Alamitos High School students danced along during KIIS FM's visit with Ryan Seacrest!...

Students study in the Stephen A. Schwarzman Building, the main branch of the New York public library, located in the heart of Manhattan.
Colleges welcome the class of 2028
Nandi Smith, Staff Writer • April 24, 2024

LOS ALAMITOS, CA – After a stressful college application season, the class of 2024 has officially received all of their admissions decisions...

Electric car charging in Birmingham, UK City Centre.
Courtesy of Unsplash
Electric vehicles are taking over the world
Olivia Cooks, Staff Writer • April 23, 2024

Tesla's Model 3 is one of their most popular vehicles and reaches a top speed of 125mph.

Two ‘Gilmore Girls’ fans spill their popular and unpopular opinions

Shortly after “Gilmore Girls” debut date of 23 years from the beginning of October, two Griffin Gazette writers share their opinions regarding the plot and characters
Jasmine Lee
“Gilmore Girls” introduction surrounded by books and lamp.

WARNING: This article contains spoilers for the 2000 TV show “Gilmore Girls.”

LOS ALAMITOS, CA —  Autumn has entered the 2023 year and is clearly represented on campus by the changing leaves, pumpkin spice everything, and cozy sweater weather. The popular American TV show released in 2000, “Gilmore Girls,” perfectly encapsulates the comforting feeling of fall. After watching all seven seasons, we have collected responses and opinions from ourselves and other Los Alamitos High School students.

1. Who was better: Dean, Jess, Logan, or Tristan?

We believe that Jess is, altogether, the better fit for Rory rather than Dean and Logan because he constantly challenges her to be her best self and remains consistent in his support for her dreams.

In the storyline, he remains a constant encouragement for her dreams of attending Yale. Unlike Dean, who is a selfish, sensitive, and jealous partner for Rory and brings out the worst in both of them, Jess is the complete opposite and shares similar interests along with her constant support.

Although similar to Jess in his efforts to push Rory to be her best, Logan also fails as a boyfriend to Rory because he repeatedly makes Rory doubt herself while also cheating on her while they are supposedly “on a break.”

A popular but fleeting choice is Tristan Dugray, and he remains popular with the audience due to his inevitable charm and interest. However, he leaves quickly in the middle of the season with lots of impending development to his character. 

2. Was Rory really the problem?

While Rory has many positive qualities, she also exhibits numerous toxic ones, such as being privileged, spoiled, and ungrateful. She constantly remains ungrateful, wanting to drop out of her private high school, Chilton, and eventually out of Yale. Her mom, Lorelai, constantly makes sacrifices and loans with her estranged parents for her tuition, which is not something Rory takes seriously.

This is especially clear when she instantly drops out of Yale due to a journalist’s discouraging comments. Rory’s entitlement is also evident regarding her difficulty to comprehend her extreme privilege regarding her education and extravagant financial outcome. Regarding the incident with Logan in which they steal a yacht, she expects a lack of repercussions.

3. Who was better: Luke, Christopher, or Max?

The controversial question regarding Lorelai’s relationships is whether she is better with Luke, Christopher, or Max, her main boyfriends throughout the show. While Christopher is her high school sweetheart and ultimately her ex-husband, he is a constant bad influence and harmful person in Lorelai’s life. He is extremely inconsistent in Lorelai’s life as well as being a terrible and ignorant father to Rory.

Max, on the other hand, presents a steady relationship with Lorelai and never questions his feelings for her as Christopher often did. However, he isn’t the right fit for Lorelai because Luke had a consistent relationship with Lorelai. 

Although complete opposites in terms of personality, Luke’s calm and ironic personality matches perfectly with the bright and spunky personality of Lorelai. Unlike her previous relationships, Luke was always there for her during her trials and errors. For example on Season 1 Episode 10, Luke drives to the hospital instantly to comfort and provide support for Lrelai when her dad was sick. Luke was also a father figure to Rory due to her father’s constant lack of appearances, which was clearly shown through their witty relationship.

4. Who was the best character?

According to a survey administered by Griffin Gazette staff to Los Al students, Kirk is a popular favorite with 63% of participants, along with Sookie and Lorelai being top contenders. Kirk remains one of the show’s most beloved characters because of his eccentric charm and humor. Through his odd jobs around Stars Hollow, he wins the hearts of the town as well as the audience viewing him. 

5. Why do people love “Gilmore Girls”?

The allure of “Gilmore Girls,” has sustained time and attracted new generations’ interest. After surveying people around campus, we discovered that many are charmed by the small town vibe of Stars Hollow and the comforting aspects the show brings. Many also love this uplifting show because of its wonderful characters and hilarious commentary,

As November continues, we hope that the general public continues to watch “Gilmore Girls” to feel the autumn spirit. 

$50
$1000