As the 2023-24 school year comes to an end,  Los Als Griffins begin evolving into future Trojans, Broncos, Pirates, Pilgrims, and Sagehens.
Five star Los Al seniors and their college decisions
Jasmine Lee, Editor • May 3, 2024

Jamisen Penick- Boise State University Major: Communications Minor: Film and Media studies Applied to ASU, Boise, CSULB, SDSU (rejected) ...

Get ready and come watch the final improv show of the year with Los Al Live.
The last Los Al Live improv show of the year
Victoria Troncoso, Staff Writer • May 3, 2024

LOS ALAMITOS, CA --  Los Alamitos High School is hosting a live improv show on campus in room 513, today, May 3, at 4 p.m. and 7 p.m.  The...

Better FAFSA delayed the typically smooth college process by months, forcing colleges to think critically about how to distribute financial aid offers.
How 'Better FAFSA' affected the class of 2028
Nandi Smith, Editor • May 3, 2024

LOS ALAMITOS, CA – Every year, approximately 17 million students in the U.S. apply for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)....

The Taylor Swift Eras Tour: Movie

What is the hype about the new Taylor Swift movie?
A visual description of the new Taylor Swift movie.
Victoria Troncoso (Canva)

LOS ALAMITOS, CA — The latest sensation in movie theaters, “Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour,” is loved by many, from the die-hard “Swifties” to people who just enjoy her songs overall.  From watching this movie, fans can see Swift’s accomplishments, showmanship, and generosity.  Going into the theater, some only were aware of her songs, but many left recognizing her talent and personality.

Taylor Swift has written or co-written every single one of her songs, an impressive feat for a music artist.  Watching “The Eras Tour” movie feels like you are truly at the concert, just without spending huge amounts of money and standing in excruciatingly long lines.  Many fans came to the movie theater in full-blown Taylor Swift outfits and wearing friendship bracelets.  Fans came to the film and traded bracelets, just like at the actual concert.  Even if you feel nervous to come to the film because you are not wearing a flashy outfit or you do not have any friendship bracelets to trade, do not worry. There is nothing that should not stop you from coming to see this substantial film; many of the moviegoers were welcoming and enthusiastic.

“The movie was really great! I thought it was a really good business move on her part because it kept the excitement about her tour going even though it has left the U.S. I really enjoyed it because I could go experience the concert with all my friends without having to pay the expensive ticket prices.” said Los Alamitos High School junior Addison Bousard.

Going to this film, you could feel the excitement and anticipation when the film was first starting.  People were also up at the front of the theater as if they were really experiencing the concert.  Swift’s tour becoming a film gives it the ability to hold a record of a concert.  The look at the movie was a documentary P.O.V.  The choreography, directing, cinematography and technology that was put into this film were phenomenal.

There was an allowance when it came to giving this film a rating.  Critics ended up rating the film PG-13, because Swift’s audience ranges from young children to adults.  The wide range of fans wonders why it was a good idea to rate this film PG-13 over rated R.  The reason it could have been rated R was because of all the F-bombs that were used in this film.  Throughout all her albums, Taylor is consistent in feeling; even if she changes her style of music, she still gets around the same idea.

“I thought the movie was really good. I would recommend people to watch it because if you did not get the chance to go to the concert, it is an equal amount of fun,” said Los Al sophomore Colby Ledterman.

There are a lot of plus sides to coming to the theater instead of the concert.  The tickets for the film are much cheaper than going to the concert.  Coming to the film over attending the concert also gives you the ability to get different angles of the concert that you cannot get live.  Everyone still dresses up to come see the movie just like they do for the concert.  With going to this movie, you can skip those extensive lines, you can (if you would like to) move around the theater to get different views while watching the movie, you can go stand up in the front of the theater, or  you can go to the back of the theater; whatever you would prefer for your experience.

Taylor Swift gave her fans the opportunity of a lifetime to see her live performance for cheap, just with a different setting.  Hopefully, Los Al students who have seen this film enjoyed it. Most people I have heard from have been satisfied with their experience, so if you have not seen this film yet, I would recommend you check it out.

$50
$1000