As the 2023-24 school year comes to an end,  Los Als Griffins begin evolving into future Trojans, Broncos, Pirates, Pilgrims, and Sagehens.
Five star Los Al seniors and their college decisions
Jasmine Lee, Editor • May 3, 2024

Jamisen Penick- Boise State University Major: Communications Minor: Film and Media studies Applied to ASU, Boise, CSULB, SDSU (rejected) ...

Get ready and come watch the final improv show of the year with Los Al Live.
The last Los Al Live improv show of the year
Victoria Troncoso, Staff Writer • May 3, 2024

LOS ALAMITOS, CA --  Los Alamitos High School is hosting a live improv show on campus in room 513, today, May 3, at 4 p.m. and 7 p.m.  The...

Better FAFSA delayed the typically smooth college process by months, forcing colleges to think critically about how to distribute financial aid offers.
How 'Better FAFSA' affected the class of 2028
Nandi Smith, Editor • May 3, 2024

LOS ALAMITOS, CA – Every year, approximately 17 million students in the U.S. apply for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)....

Top six Trader Joe’s fall favorites

Rating Trader Joe’s seasonal pumpkin flavored foods and sweets
Issy Steinberg
Seven of Trader Joe’s many pumpkin-flavored and autumn-themed items.

LOS ALAMITOS, CA — Trader Joe’s prepares for the arrival of fall as they release their seasonal pumpkin-flavored goods. Pumpkin and butternut squash items stock the shelves of our local Trader Joe’s; pick some up before they’re gone!

If anyone happens to go into Trader Joe’s, get the Trader Joe’s pumpkin ginger Hold the Cone! ice cream cones.”

— Erin Teoco, Los Al senior

There are so many fall flavored options for everyone, including gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan alternatives. Gluten free pumpkin bread, butternut squash lasagna, and non-dairy pumpkin oat beverages are a few examples. 

As there are so many different options for a fun fall snack, some of Trader Joe’s most popular items are: Pumpkin Gnocchi, Autumn Harvest Pasta Sauce, Pumpkin Bagels, Pumpkin Cream Cheese Spread, Gluten Free Pumpkin Ravioli, and Pumpkin Cheesecake Croissants. But which delicious delicacies are truly the best?

Pumpkin Gnocchi and Autumn Harvest Pasta Sauce paired with garlic bread. (Issy Steinberg)

#6- Pumpkin Gnocchi

Although the Pumpkin Gnocchi is a nice staple, it doesn’t have as much of a pumpkin taste as expected. It is more like a traditional gnocchi pasta rather than a special edition. It pairs well with the Autumn Harvest Pasta Sauce, as it is a mix of pumpkin and butternut squash flavors, which adds some flavor to the pasta. 

#5- Pumpkin Bagels

The Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Bagels are a good way to start off the morning. They resemble a normal bagel with a slight taste of pumpkin. They are a bit chewy, but definitely a worthy purchase.

#4- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Spread

Why have a pumpkin-flavored bagel without a Pumpkin Cream Cheese Spread? The pumpkin flavor is definitely apparent, and the spread also has a hint of cinnamon. The spread can be used for multiple dishes, as showcased on the Trader Joe’s website.

#3- Gluten Free Pumpkin Ravioli

Not only is this ravioli delicious, but it’s also gluten free! The orange-colored ravioli is perfect for fall, and the pumpkin filling is even better. This ravioli can be eaten with any pasta sauce, or just oil or butter to accentuate the flavor of the pumpkin. 

#2- Mini Pumpkin Ginger Scones

If you really want to get into the fall spirit, the Pumpkin Ginger Scones are for you. They have a strong taste of both pumpkin and ginger, which compliment each other perfectly. The scones are similar to pumpkin bread, but they have a different texture.

#1- Pumpkin Cheesecake Croissants

The Pumpkin Cheesecake Croissants take the win, as they can be eaten as a breakfast, a dessert, or just a nice snack to eat while watching the fireplace crackle. It features a crispy and buttery croissant with a circle of creamy pumpkin cheesecake in the center. 

While you may find your new favorite fall treat from this list, there are still tons more fall and pumpkin items to try. Autumn-flavored foods are definitely a great way to start off the season.

$50
$1000