Students were racing to the crowd as they attempted to catch a glimpse of Ryan Seacrest and other KIIS FM staff.
Ryan Seacrest stops by Los Alamitos High School
Reese Neiger and Kalea DaviesApril 26, 2024

LOS ALAMITOS, CA — The music blasted in the quad as Los Alamitos High School students danced along during KIIS FM's visit with Ryan Seacrest!...

Students study in the Stephen A. Schwarzman Building, the main branch of the New York public library, located in the heart of Manhattan.
Colleges welcome the class of 2028
Nandi Smith, Staff Writer • April 24, 2024

LOS ALAMITOS, CA – After a stressful college application season, the class of 2024 has officially received all of their admissions decisions...

Electric car charging in Birmingham, UK City Centre.
Courtesy of Unsplash
Electric vehicles are taking over the world
Olivia Cooks, Staff Writer • April 23, 2024

Tesla's Model 3 is one of their most popular vehicles and reaches a top speed of 125mph.

Advanced film students announce cross country documentary

A preview into cross country culture, an ode to its long history, and an appreciation to Mr. Brown and his advanced film students
Summer+running+had+these+XC+boys+eagerly+waiting+to+get+back+on+the+game%21+
Los Al cross country’s Instagram, @losalxc
Summer running had these XC boys eagerly waiting to get back on the game!

LOS ALAMITOS, CA – Deeply resonant moments of resilience and spirit captured on film, the Los Alamitos High School advanced film students attempt to chronicle our cross country team.

With the classic Woodbridge race and CIF prelims coming up, the team has yet again devoted themselves to placing themselves on top at League Finals. Paying homage to Los Al’s elite runners and challenging their will, the film crew invests in inspiring not just athletes, but all who dread the pressure of emotional and physical turmoil.

“We want to experience that family basis and really unlock that passion,” said senior Jamisen Penick, one of the film directors on the project. While major motivators include improving their sense of professionalism and digging deeper into diverse topics, Penick also questioned the discipline and devotion of running on Los Al’s cross country team. Johnny Flaim, senior, another director on the set, recalled sharing a revelatory experience at Beast Games, witnessing the boys’ warfare chant while huddling and swaying side to side like fierce bulls.

Premiering around the end of XC season, Penick and Flaim teasingly insisted that the documentary will have its famous debut at the Chinese Theatre in Hollywood; actually, it will be showcased on YouTube.

“Everyone looks at football like ‘oh yeah’… but we [need to start giving] equal exposure to every group,” said Mr. Brown, head of Griffin News and Los Al’s film productions class.

However, a fair amount of runners were reluctant to the idea of bulging, black camera lenses surrounding the relentless hills like statues every Wednesday in Central Park.

“To be honest, I was kinda [freaked out]. I had to focus on my form because I didn’t want to look stupid,” junior Thalia Griffith said. Although a majority of Los Al’s cross country team recoiled at the idea of seeing themselves during races, some appreciative athletes perceived the documentary as a way to look upon old memories and trigger high school nostalgia.

“You know, I’ve definitely had a good past three years… this is going to be my fourth and last year,” said senior Gavin Ordinario, a Varsity runner. “I definitely will feel a sense of nostalgia, and I’m hoping for the best senior year that I can have.”

“It’s been flawless! Exceptional professionalism! Hollywood bound!” said Coach Celestin, head coach of XC and the girls’ varsity group. 

$50
$1000