Prom 2023 king and queen nominations

After a long week of campaigning, five prom king and five prom queen nominees were chosen.

Los Alamitos A.S.B.

The theme of the 2023 Los Alamitos High Prom: Once Upon a Prom

Sofia Youngs, Editor

LOS ALAMITOS, CA– Los Alamitos High A.S.B recently announced the king and queen nominations for the 2023 prom, taking place in Santa Anita on Saturday.

All nominees were informed last week during their fourth period and were given a set amount of time to accept their nominations.

KING NOMINEES

Ryder Buell: Buell is an avid varsity lacrosse player, being a part of the Los Alamitos High lacrosse team since their freshman year. Next fall, Ryder will be attending Delaware University and playing lacrosse for their NCAA Division One sport.

Coner Mohacsi: Mohacsi began to attend Los Alamitos High his freshman year after attending Saint Hedwig, a Catholic tk-8 private school. Mochai plays lacrosse alongside Buell.

Ethan Reed, one of the 2023 prom king nominees (Los Alamitos A.S.B. )

Omri Pathak: Pathak is attending U.C. Riverside in the fall in the honors college and pursuing an undergrad degree in biology. He plays soccer at the high school as well as being in Jazz 1.

Ethan Reed: Reed has participated in taekwondo for the past 14 years and enjoys going to the gym and surfing. He works on cars in his past time.

Cameron Stewart: Stewart is a four-year member of ASB. Next year, Stewart will be attending the University of Utah with the hope of becoming a high school counselor.

QUEEN NOMINEES

Sydnie Lobo: Lobo is a member of Los Alamitos High’s cross county and track and recently joined Griffin News during the spring semester of her senior year. She will be attending Cal State Long Beach in the fall, majoring in business.

Callie Schmidt: Schmidt is a well-known member of Los Alamitos nationally award-winning show choir; friends describe her as an impeccable singer. Next fall, Schmidt will be attending Cal Poly Slo.

Emma Stevens: Stevens is hopeful of becoming a second-generation prom queen after her mother won her senior year.

Emma Stevens, one of the 2023 prom queen nominees (Los Alamitos A.S.B. )

Sofia Wolovich: Wolovich is running alongside her boyfriend Ryder and is optimistic about becoming queen her Buell being beside her as king.

Zielee Wright:  Wright is recognized around campus for her constant involvement in school activities. Next fall, Wright will be attending Loyola Marymount University to earn a bachelor’s degree in psychology and a possible minor in Spanish.

The prom king and queen will be announced late Saturday night.