Reminder about CAASPP Schedule!

The week of CAASPP testing (May 15-18) will have an altered schedule

The bell schedule during CAASPP testing for 9th, 10th, and 12th graders.

LosAl Newsletter

Jordan Freeman, Staff Writer

LOS ALAMITOS, CA — Testing season is upon us. Everyone dreads this time of the year; AP testing kicks off the month, and finals are quickly approaching. If you’re a junior, you have an especially hectic month with CAASPP testing taking place within the next couple of weeks. If you’re a freshman, sophomore, or senior, you have a week to look forward to. (Sorry juniors!)

The week between May 15-18 will have an altered schedule. All non-junior students will start first period at 10:36 a.m. on all three days. Even people with zero periods get an extra hour of the morning and start at 9:53 a.m. Testing students still follow a normal schedule and must attend their first-period class at 8:30.

If you’re thrilled to have a few extra hours of sleep, imagine how excited the juniors who will be testing at the same time. In all seriousness, it is especially important for juniors to get a healthy amount of sleep during this week. For students, the mind thrives when given proper rest.

The extra 2 hours and 6 minutes are perfect for sleeping in, studying, doing homework, or just scrolling through your phone. It’s better to take those precious hours of screen time out of your morning than right before bed. 

“I”ll probably study, work out, or help my mom at work until school starts,” freshman Kyla Brannon said.

If you are an underclassman, don’t get too comfortable – junior year is coming quickly, and you aren’t safe from the testing it bears. For all the juniors out there, best of luck on your exams!