Starbucks’ annual holiday drinks

The famous holiday-themed drinks at Starbucks are back again.

Sydney Forsyte

A group of good friends enjoying the holiday Starbucks drinks.

Isabella Gasper, Staff Writer

LOS ALAMITOS, CA– Every year at the beginning of November, Starbucks brings out its seasonal holiday drinks. People head into their nearby Starbucks stores and begin to buy the large expansion of new and continually popular holiday-themed drinks.

Starbucks’ dedication to themed drinks started in 1984. The company has since then introduced its use of the signature holiday cups in 1997.

The most popular themed drink during November has to be the ‘Pumpkin Spiced Latte’.

According to CNN and CNBC, Starbucks sells more than 20 million pumpkin spice lattes annually, and since the beverage’s introduction in 2003, the company has sold more than 600 million. However, some are not a fan of the popular ‘Pumpkin Spiced Latte’.

“I think spices should just stay in cuisines as well as pumpkins just [staying] in pies,” said a Los Al sophomore, Coco Zhao.

Some of the other holiday drinks include the ‘Caramel Brulée Latte’, ‘Peppermint Mocha’, and their ‘Signature Hot Chocolate’.

The ‘Iced Sugar Cookie Almond milk Latte’ with Vanilla Sweet Cream cold foam.
(Isabella Gasper)

“I like the iced sugar cookie almond latte [because of the] balance between the sweet and coffee flavors,” said Amelia Adkins, a sophomore.

For most of the drinks, you can either get them as a latte, an iced coffee, or a frappuccino.

You can add any toppings that you want such as cold foam, chocolate drizzle, whipped cream, or even some holiday sprinkles.

During this holiday season, see if you can spice up your day with a taste of the Starbucks holiday drinks and tell us if they might suddenly become your favorite.