In case you missed it: The College Trade Fair

What the College and Career Center brought you on November 30th

Luke Grisafe, Staff Writer

LOS ALAMITOS, CA – During the fourth period, lunch, and fifth period of November 30th, the College and Career center welcomed with open arms an incredible variety of teachers, instructors, chefs, department chairs, and much more from many junior colleges in Southern California. Orange Coast, Cypress, and Long Beach City College presented students with different careers that they could enter. 

“At the culinary arts department specializing in culinary arts and baking. Expand their horizon in the world of food. Be able to run a student-staff restaurant where the community can taste your food,” the Chef instructor at Long Beach City College Juan Lopez said. Students entering into the restaurant business are able to learn a lot more about cooking through this trade. Cooking is an important staple of every culture, and the Culinary Arts program at Long Beach City College develops young chefs to be the best they can be. 

“Architecture, spacial design, construction, electrical, automotive, advanced transportation, metal fabrication, and welding,” Damon Skinner, the Department Chair of the school of trades at Long Beach City College, said. This is an example of the incredible amount of trades and ways to work with your hands offered at LBCC.

Another great part of the trade fair is the number of fields presented. From Dental Assisting at Orange Coast to Architecture at Long Beach City College, thousands of students are able to enter into these paths with the hopes of peruse their trade-related dreams. 

Orange Coast College was another college at the Trade Fair. At Orange Coast, there were many trades one of which being the Registered Dental Assisting Program Information. The Registered Dental Assisting Program is a two-semester program that prepares you to sit for the Registered Dental Assisting Board Exam for the California Dental Board. One will earn four additional certificates when enrolled in this program. 

The trade fair was an exciting and very informational event held by the College and Career Center. It encouraged students to further delve into their trade-based interests and ask questions about anything college related they are wondering. There is an abundance of trades and careers presented to match most students’ interests at colleges all over the world that pertain to all ways of learning and displaying intelligence.