Los Al celebrated Valentine’s Day with a latte love

Students were able to bring love throughout campus and made sure to espresso their love to those around them
Valentines Day calls for pink, hearts, and lots of love all around Los Al.
Valentine’s Day calls for pink, hearts, and lots of love all around Los Al.
Jaya Eapen

LOS ALAMITOS, CA — Bringing out the love, friendship, and lots of pink, Valentine’s Day has once again rolled around to Los Alamitos High School. Across campus, students have been extremely festive with their celebrations, spreading love and happiness to mark this sweet holiday.

Continuing their cherished Valentine gram tradition, Los Al choir’s Sound FX spent the day serenading students in their classes. Leading up to Valentine’s Day, students bought grams to remind their loved ones how much they are appreciated and more often, to embarrass their friends.

Sophomore Kassidy Fox was one of the students who received a choir gram this past Valentine’s Day.

“I loved hearing people sing to me, and I think it’s very cool that our school lets us do this and spread the love on Valentine’s Day,” Fox said. 

As the Sound FX members walked by classes throughout the day, students eagerly awaited them, hoping that their class could have the next song. The grams also came with sweet little packages that included stuffed animals for the recipient to keep as a reminder, either of their romantic song or their terrible embarrassment.

“From what I’ve experienced, I thought it was really fun, and people seemed to enjoy it,” said Sound FX member Sam Gonzalez. “The day felt so long because we were doing so many [grams], but it was worthwhile, and we got to make so many fond memories.”

After participating in the choir grams for three years, senior Sound FX member Misa Malley also commented on her singing experience.

“I can certainly say that these grams are an extremely fun tradition,” Malley said. “I think it allows people to have a good laugh throughout what can be a stressful week. Personally, my favorite song would have to be L.O.V.E. [because] it’s just so fun to sing!”

Along with the entertaining choir grams, Los Al also hosted a Valentine’s Day card station in the Media Center during lunch, before school, and after school from Feb. 6-14. Students were given the opportunity to send heartwarming messages to their friends and make cards for their loved ones to spread love and help those around them feel special.

Although many dislike this affectionate holiday because of its romantic ties and how it tends to make people feel lonely, it also serves as a reminder of all the love in our lives. Whether in a relationship or not, Valentine’s Day is a time to reflect on all your joy and friendships and to remind your loved ones of their impact on your life.

“I think people often overlook how Valentine’s Day does not only apply to couples but also friends as well,” said sophomore Jenny Woo. “You have a certain amount of love for your friends, whether it is a romantic love or a simple friendship.”

Make sure to remember to keep spreading love to your family and friends with the end of this successful Los Al Valentine’s Day!

View Comments (2)
$50
$1000