News From the Students, For the Students

The Griffin Gazette

The Griffin Gazette

The Griffin Gazette

As the 2023-24 school year comes to an end,  Los Als Griffins begin evolving into future Trojans, Broncos, Pirates, Pilgrims, and Sagehens.
Five star Los Al seniors and their college decisions
Jasmine Lee, Editor • May 3, 2024

Jamisen Penick- Boise State University Major: Communications Minor: Film and Media studies Applied to ASU, Boise, CSULB, SDSU (rejected) ...

Get ready and come watch the final improv show of the year with Los Al Live.
The last Los Al Live improv show of the year
Victoria Troncoso, Staff Writer • May 3, 2024

LOS ALAMITOS, CA --  Los Alamitos High School is hosting a live improv show on campus in room 513, today, May 3, at 4 p.m. and 7 p.m.  The...

Better FAFSA delayed the typically smooth college process by months, forcing colleges to think critically about how to distribute financial aid offers.
How 'Better FAFSA' affected the class of 2028
Nandi Smith, Editor • May 3, 2024

LOS ALAMITOS, CA – Every year, approximately 17 million students in the U.S. apply for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)....

A review on Knott’s Scary Farm

A look at Knott’s Scary Farm 2023
Victoria Troncoso
Take a good look at Knott’s Scary Farm light up

LOS ALAMITOS CA — Most Griffins know about Los Alamitos’ local amusement park, Knott’s Berry Farm. Every year for the past 50 years, Knott’s hosts its seasonal Knott’s Scary Farm, which this year is open select nights from Sept. 21 – Oct. 31. Although there are safe spots where no monsters are allowed, Scary Farm has multiple park areas designed for certain types of frights and is meant to give people a terrifyingly fun experience. 

Even though it is Scary Farm season, the regular amusement park is still open to the public, when the park is kept open till 5 p.m. After Knott’s closes, the workers start setting up the park for Scary Farm, where the monsters get into character, the mazes get set up, and everything is decorated for complete horror. Scary Farm opens at 7 p.m. and usually closes, depending on the day, between 11 p.m. and 2 a.m. Knott’s Scary Farm includes roaming monsters in five parts of the park, ten spine-chilling mazes, and four daunting shows.

People come to Scary Farm with the desire for a chilling and terrifying experience, and I can say that those expectations were met.  For me, Scary Farm was frightening in almost every aspect. The monsters and the mazes both delivered, with the adrenaline rush, jump scares, and different types of monsters they in the park and mazes.

“My experience at Scary Farm was good because I am a fan of all scary movies and all scary types of things,” sophomore Ailani Garcia said.

Knott’s Scary Farm has ten different mazes with different themes. I went into two mazes: The Depths, which is based on a cave and the creatures that lurk within those caves, and Dark Entities, which is an otherworldly realm taken over by a mutation in need of a new host.

“I liked how I was not able to expect them to come at me in the mazes, and I liked the jump scares and how it was not just inanimate objects. I also liked how well all the decorations looked ,and the music in the mazes added to all of the thrill and spookiness of the park,” sophomore Kristen Mendez-Arroyo said.

Knott’s Scary Farm is worth the money. Personally, I do not regret buying a ticket to Scary Farm; I feel it gave me my money’s worth, and all the lines were well worth the wait. If you are someone who gets scared easily and feel that the mazes would be too much, no worries! You can go on the rides instead – all of the rides at the park that are open during the day are still accessible during Scary Farm hours. I personally feel that if you are into the horror of Halloween, then Knott’s Scary Farm is your place.