News From the Students, For the Students

The Griffin Gazette

The Griffin Gazette

The Griffin Gazette

With prom coming up, its finally time for promposal season, so lets make it perfect!
Promposal do's and don'ts
Issy Steinberg, Staff Writer • May 2, 2024

LOS ALAMITOS, CA -- With prom just around the corner, it's time for the balloons, flower trails, and homemade signs. You’ll see tons of “they...

The middle schoolers pose with the older color guard members as they get ready for their first performance.
Los Al color guard and drumline's 2024 spring showcase
Jaya Eapen, Staff Writer • April 30, 2024

LOS ALAMITOS, CA -- After finishing their successful spring seasons, Los Al's color guard and drumline put on a stunning showcase last Sunday,...

Gavin Ordinario pushing it in the 800 meter run after winning the 1600 meter run a couple hours before.
Surf League Finals was a heated meet for Los Al's track athletes
Ella Suos, Staff Writer • April 30, 2024

LOS ALAMITOS, CA – On April 26, 2024, the track became a thriller show as Los Alamitos High School’s athletes lost themselves on the track...

Los Al’s Latest Drama Production

Los Al’s drama class is presenting their show “Drop Dead!” a special arrangement with Concord Theatricals
Los+Al+is+hosting+their+drama+show+Drop+Dead++in+the+schools+PAC.+Many+viewers+came+on+their+three+night+show+and+had+great+feedback.+
Layla Martinez
Los Al is hosting their drama show Drop Dead in the school’s PAC. Many viewers came on their three night show and had great feedback.

LOS ALAMITOS, CA–  Los Al’s drama students just had their three day show on campus, “Drop Dead!” Students performed with emotion and the audience could understand how much it meant for them to give their all.

How did the drama students feel before and after their show?

Students have been preparing a long time for their show and continuously are going through practices to make sure every detail is perfected. Not only are the cast members preparing nonstop, but after school set designers have been spending their time to make sure that everything is articulated in a way to captivate the audience.

“This show has me really excited, my cast members have been preparing by just rehearsing it nonstop,” said Nathan Spolter, a senior and a cast member in the show.

What was this production about?

“Drop Dead!” was a production that was presented in a captivating way and engaged the audience with their play within a play concept. Throughout the show, it went back and forth between a murder mystery and a stage rehearsal. The students were able to conquer this challenge and really bring each character and their viewpoints alive. Between the hilarious stage manager, Phillip, and the mischievous roles of the other casts it made for an amusing show.

The audience’s perspective

During the show, there was nothing but positive feedback from the audience. The commentary in the show had many people laughing and following the story-line intently. When intermission came many families went outside to buy snacks and were sharing how Los Al’s drama students put on a remarkable show. Students who came to cheer on their friends and others who just wanted to watch the show enjoyed it thoroughly.

“It was good, really put together, funny, and well made,” said Jake Bonilla, a junior at Los Al and a member of Griffin News. 

“The show was very fun to watch, I enjoyed seeing Phillip in the show the most,” said a student at Los Al.

Los Al’s drama department excels every single time they perform, each student on their team always takes on their role not just to perform but they truly commit and embody all of their characters emotions and thoughts.

View Comments (1)
$50
$1000