In case you missed it: We went loco for HOCO!

Los Alamitos High School’s Homecoming Dance happened last weekend.

Sydney Forsyte

Students dance in front of the new STEM building during this year’s HOCO.

Sydney Forsyte, Staff Writer

LOS ALAMITOS, CA — This past weekend was Los Alamitos High School’s Homecoming Dance! The dance was held by the PAC and throughout the lunch area. The dance featured music curated by the DJ’s company, N-Effect. 

The theme of the dance was “Homecoming of Heroes,” so many students dressed up in costumes, ranging from Captain America to the Power-puff Girls. While many students chose not to dress up, there were also a substantial few that made some nods to the theme with their outfits, such as wearing a mask or a t-shirt with superhero insignia. 

“The dance was really fun and it was really fun to see my friends, but, unfortunately, the dance floor was pretty crowded,” commented Mira Zacheis.

Several dance circles opened up within the large crowd that converged on the dance floor. Unlike the Bootin’ on Back Dance at the beginning of the year, there were no circular dance risers scattered around the edges of the dance floor. However, the DJ’s stage did extend into a catwalk into the dance floor. At one point, students climbed up on the catwalk and danced which was promptly discouraged. 

The Associated Student Body (ASB) pulled out all the stops with many games for students to play while they took a break from dancing. There were air hockey tables, Foosball, and corn-hole. Food was readily available to students by the cafeteria.  The food included tater tots, churros with ice cream, and cookies.

All in all, the dance was pretty super.