Categories:

Sweaters, boots and totes: A 2024 fall fashion guide

A guide to this season’s fashion trends to stay up to date before autumn begins
Doc Martens with jeans contrast each other perfectly in this photo on a fall day in the park.
Liz Frank

LOS ALAMITOS, Calif. — Time is ticking, so start your countdowns because according to the National Weather Service, the fall season officially begins Sunday, Sept. 22, at 8:43 a.m.! Want to be on top of this year’s fall fashion trends and get a head start? Find out what fashion is in along with what students of Los Alamitos High School are wearing this fall season.

Doc Martens & boots

Doc Martens are constantly falling in and out of style as new trends form. This autumn is a perfect time to grab those boots out of the back of your closet and pair them with your favorite jeans and sweater. The contrast of the boots with a simple outfit will immediately upgrade any outfit giving a fall vibe. 

Chunky sweaters & hoodies

The air is slowly getting cooler, meaning it’s almost sweater weather! Partner those Doc Martens with a cozy sweater, cardigan or hoodie to lift your look and give off perfect autumn vibes. The chunkier the sweaters, the better!

Denim & cargo pants

Denim is an essential staple everyone needs in their wardrobe. With autumn approaching, denim jeans fit perfectly as the weather starts getting cooler. The nice thing about denim is it matches with everything, so pair it with your favorite top and shoes, and it will look amazing. Along with the jeans look, cargo pants contrast flawlessly with a neutral sweater, sweatshirt or plain t-shirt. I believe this year’s next big fall fashion trend will be long denim skirts. 

Tote bags

Adding a tote bag is a brilliant way to elevate your fall outfit. Color and designs range everywhere to find the best fit for your style. They are perfect for fitting all your notebooks and laptop for school or even for just a stroll down the street to your favorite coffee shop on a cool fall day.

Fall colors

With summer’s bright colors, autumn brings in a warm and comfortable vibe to the California sunshine. Browns, grays, reds, greens, creams and oranges of all different shades will balance out your fall fit seamlessly. 

Start shopping and grab your pumpkin spice latte because the autumn season is here! Fashion trends are always changing year to year and season to season. LAHS students have brought the fall energy this year, starting out the season on a cozy note.

$175
$1000