Categories:

There’s no place like Homecoming!

Homecoming is Sept. 28 at Los Alamitos High School
On Saturday, Sept. 28, the dance will take place on the LAHS campus.
LAHS ASB

LOS ALAMITOS, Calif. – Are you ready to walk down the yellow brick road? Because this year’s homecoming theme is “Wizard of Oz”! On Saturday, Sept. 28, the dance will take place at Los Alamitos High School from 7–10 p.m.

Homecoming is open to all students on campus, and students from other schools are allowed. If a student wants to come from another school, they have to fill out a form that Griffins can find at the Activities Office.

This year’s Homecoming attire is semi-formal, and students are very excited to dress up.

“I am going to wear a light blue A-line dress to match the theme, and I am looking forward to dressing up to go to this year’s Homecoming,” said an LAHS junior.

Tickets until Sept. 13 are $40 with an ASB card and $45 without one. Starting Sept. 16-27, tickets rise to the price of $45 with an ASB card and $50 without. The last chance to get Homecoming tickets is the day of Homecoming, and tickets will cost $55. Make sure to buy your Homecoming tickets by the 28th. 

Students seem excited about this year’s “Wizard of Oz” theme.

“The Wizard of Oz” is a book written in 1900 by L. Frank Baum, and it was later turned into a movie in 1939. It is a story about a Kansas girl named Dorothy who ends up in the magical land of Oz. On her way, she meets a scarecrow who wants a brain, a tin man who wants a heart and a lion who wants courage. With the help of these friends, she makes her way to see the Wizard of Oz.

This year, there will be an In-N-Out truck at Homecoming, and students will be given a voucher to get one burger and some chips. If students are feeling something more sweet, there is going to be a candy bar. 

Not only is the dance going to have food, it is also going to have many fun activities. There will be a gaming station with VR, other video games and air hockey. If students are not big fans of playing games, then they can make their way to the DJ from Kiss-FM.

Griffins, grab your friends and don’t miss this year’s “Wizard of Oz” Homecoming!

Photo should say Saturday, Sept. 28, not Friday. 

$175
$1000