News From the Students, For the Students

The Griffin Gazette

The Griffin Gazette

The Griffin Gazette

Senior girls wave from the back of their white Jeep parade vehicle, decorated with a custom graduation sign and balloons.
Along for the ride: Grads say goodbye with annual Senior Parade
Ella Suos and Katie ArnoultJune 4, 2024

LOS ALAMITOS, CA – On June 1, 2024, Los Al seniors and their families participated in the iconic drive through Rossmoor. The annual event marked...

This summer is the time to sit back and relax with these summer must-watches.
Five movies to relax with this summer!
Jaya Eapen and Jasmine LeeJune 3, 2024

LOS ALAMITOS, CA -- As summer draws near, it can be hard to get in the vibe of the season; however, these five movies will make the transition...

It’s important to read [during the summer] because it gets you off screens and keeps your mind thinking about turning words into images. It helps with your imagination and depth of thinking, especially when learning concepts, said Henry Miller, a freshman.
Summer escapes: Dive into these summer page-turners
Kalea Davies, Staff Writer • June 3, 2024

LOS ALAMITOS, CA -- Summer is quickly approaching, Griffins! This means that during summer there will be times when we are bored and looking...

Link Crew’s Study with a Buddy made a great end to last event of the year

Link Crew hosted their last event of the year, a study session for upperclassmen to assist freshmen with their finals
Reese Neiger
Many freshmen found the event helpful because of the amount of work they were able to complete with assistance.

LOS ALAMITOS, CA — The 2023-2024 school year is coming to a close as freshmen end their last week and head into finals. To aid with many freshmen’s stress at the end of the year, Link Crew decided to hold one last event for this year’s freshmen! This semester Link Crew organized another unique aspect to their study session for finals after last semester’s hot chocolate study session was a huge success. Upperclassmen Link Crew leaders assisted freshmen as they studied for their finals.

“I think that was a great event to be scheduled at the end of the semester,” said Caleb Heenan, a Link Crew leader. “It gives freshmen the opportunity to study for the finals and also be in an environment where upperclassmen can help them.” 

Link Crew even had a bin of candy for any student who was feeling hungry during their time studying. The addition of candy made students feel eager to study and more energetic. 

“I got some work done and got all caught up,” said Marilyn Solis, a freshman. “I [also] got candy and that was nice.”

Although past Link Crew events have had lower student attendance than past years, this event had a fair amount of attendees. Many students who attended felt they finally got the opportunity they needed to study for finals. 

Everyone [was] studying for finals on their own time. We have a big transition in between last year’s Link Crew and the next year’s Link Crew, so there’s a little discrepancy there, but it’s fine. I think it’s nice that everyone came out.”

— Sydney Mastick, Link Crew leader and upcoming president

Freshmen used this opportunity to further help with their finals, making Study with a Buddy a roaring success!