Senior girls wave from the back of their white Jeep parade vehicle, decorated with a custom graduation sign and balloons.
Along for the ride: Grads say goodbye with annual Senior Parade
Ella Suos and Katie ArnoultJune 4, 2024

LOS ALAMITOS, CA – On June 1, 2024, Los Al seniors and their families participated in the iconic drive through Rossmoor. The annual event marked...

This summer is the time to sit back and relax with these summer must-watches.
Five movies to relax with this summer!
Jaya Eapen and Jasmine LeeJune 3, 2024

LOS ALAMITOS, CA -- As summer draws near, it can be hard to get in the vibe of the season; however, these five movies will make the transition...

It’s important to read [during the summer] because it gets you off screens and keeps your mind thinking about turning words into images. It helps with your imagination and depth of thinking, especially when learning concepts, said Henry Miller, a freshman.
Summer escapes: Dive into these summer page-turners
Kalea Davies, Staff Writer • June 3, 2024

LOS ALAMITOS, CA -- Summer is quickly approaching, Griffins! This means that during summer there will be times when we are bored and looking...

Top five activities to do during summer

Summer is coming up faster than you know it, so here are five top summer break ideas to inspire you!
Francesca McCall-Hokama
A beautiful sunset crests the horizon after a day of relaxing at Seal Beach.

LOS ALAMITOS, CA — Summer is right around the corner, and everyone is waiting for it to be an amazing experience. Summer is a way for friends and family to do activities together, such as going out, in the comfort of their own homes.

Concerts and movies

Going out to see entertaining things in person can be very fun to do with others as well as by yourself. Music can touch many people’s hearts and create bonding experiences, and what better way than to see your favorite artist with friends and family? Artists playing in the LA and OC area include 21 Savage, Bone Thugs N Harmony, and DJ Quik. The No Values Festival is also featuring artists Iggy Pop, Misfits, Suicidal Tendencies, and more. New movies are always coming out, and a fun thing to do with friends and family is to bring blankets, buy snacks, and have a big slumber party while watching movies. Some of the movies coming out are: “Back to Black,”  “The Garfield Movie,” “Inside Out 2,” “Dead Pool & Wolverine,” and many more. Harkins and Edwards Movie Theater are both nice theaters to enjoy movies at. Drive-in movie theaters are also a very fun thing to do while in the comfort of your car, along with Paramount Drive-in, which is aesthetically pleasing at sunset.

The beach and water parks

Jumping in nice, cool water during a hot day can be very relaxing as well as amusing. Get the jittery and excited feeling at the beach when you see the big wave and have you and your friends dunk underwater. Seal Beach, Mother’s Beach, and Huntington Beach are close to Los Alamitos. Water parks are very thrilling places to go to get your heart racing. There are water slides, water playgrounds, and a lazy river to close your eyes, relax, and be able to float around. To add on, Knott’s Soak City and Great Wolf Lodge are both close water parks to Los Al.

Theme parks

The thrill of a dropping rollercoaster can be nerve-racking but also fun and awakening to new things. Knott’s Berry Farm and Disneyland are both near Los Alamitos and are filled with fun rides, creative features to the parks, as well as delicious food and candy. It’s great to go during the summer to be able to stay at the park for longer periods of time.

Swap meet

Swap meets are fun places for vendors to sell food and merchandise to people and a great place to find vintage merchandise, delicious food, and modern-aged items to purchase, all while supporting small businesses. Cypress Swap Meet and Santa Fe Springs are here for people to visit and have a great time.

Arts and crafts
Arts and crafts can be a therapeutic and entertaining activity to do with friends and family, or during a self-care moment. They can be done anywhere, like a picnic at the park or beach, or even in the comfort of your own home. Painting, drawing, and ceramics can be great ways to create something great and spend time doing something fun.