Teacher Appreciation Week gift ideas

Enjoy these Teacher Appreciation Week gift ideas to show your teachers how fabulous they are

Michele Forsyte

Volunteers working to help set up and serve at a breakfast for teachers in honor of Teacher Appreciation Week.

Sydney Forsyte, Staff Writer

LOS ALAMITOS, CA– This week, May 15 through 19, is Teacher Appreciation Week, and many people wonder how to show the teachers in your life you appreciate them without getting them the cliche gift of apples or a mug. Enjoy these gift ideas to show your teachers how fabulous they are!

• Give them a handmade card. Sure, it’s a simple gift, but it’s very meaningful to receive something that people spent time and effort on. Teachers will definitely enjoy hearing something about their class that made your days better. 
  • For that teacher who always has a cup of coffee no matter the time or place, a coffee cup warmer is the perfect gift. They can use it all the time and keep it on their desk at school where they will see it and think of one of their most fabulous students. 
  • If you love to bake and have a teacher with a sweet tooth, you could always make them some sort of sweet treat.

“I gave Ms. Bright some homemade cookies as a thank you once. She seemed really grateful, and it felt good knowing that a teacher enjoyed my gift,” said Michael Warren, senior.

• Teachers will love a gift card, but it might be best to get them one that isn’t only for school supplies and is more suited to their specific tastes. For example, a teacher who loves to read might enjoy a Barnes and Noble gift card. If all else fails, an Amazon gift card gives teachers the room to make their own choice for what to get.

“I gave my teacher an Amazon gift card which I think is a great gift because it is so resourceful for teachers to buy something that they personally want rather than something that they might not prefer,” Adalie Landa, a senior, said. 

• Flowers are beautiful and will liven up a teacher’s classroom, but be sure to give them some jar or vase to put them in, so they don’t wilt.

Even if you don’t get your teachers any of these ideas, be sure to tell them how grateful you are for all their hard work to show you appreciate them!