Body recovered in Coyote Creek

Body recovered near Los Alamitos High

Jonas Corliss

Coyote Creek located near Los Alamitos High; the creek floats when excess rain is present

Sofia Youngs, Editor

LOS ALAMITOS, CA– A 63 male’s body was recovered at Coyote Creek after firefighters were called on Thursday.

The Orange County Fire Department responded to a call on Thursday morning regarding a body found floating in the Creek. Shortly after the authorities arrived, they soon determined that the rescue has now become a body recovery mission. The victim is a resident of Buena Park; his name has not been released to the press until next of kin have the ability to officially identify him.

“All indication is this is nothing more than an accident,” an officer of Orange County said. No foul play is suspected however an investigation has been opened to provide closure for the victim’s possible family.

Los Alamitos High students were unaware of the exact happenings during the time of the initial rescue; many claiming it was a deadly accident or fire on the bridge. However, reports soon came to light alongside numerous helicopters and ambulances driving past the school at about 10 a.m.

“Our teacher told us it was a fire or something,” Shilah Shurki, junior, said. In addition to the sirens, countless students taking A.P. Human Geography and A.P. Macroeconomics exams complained about the frequent noise that disrupted the lengthy test.

“It wasn’t horrible but it was difficult to complete my F.R.Q,” one A.P. Human Geography student said.

For any information regarding the drowning, contact the Orange County Sheriff Coroner Department at (714)647-7000.