Sports Clothing Drives

Los Al sports teams are holding clothing drives for families in need.

Los Alamitos High School newspaper

The poster of the Girls soccer clothing drive, also provided by the school newsletter.

Jordan Freeman, Staff Writer

LOS ALAMITOS, CA – Sports teams at Los Alamitos High School are holding various clothing drives to support families in need.

The season of giving may be over, but the need to give is still here. The girls soccer team and the girls basketball team are both giving to the disadvantaged, and they’re providing the opportunity for you to give, too. There are two separate drives in order to reach the most people, and the profits will pay for equipment, tournaments, team bonding activities, uniforms, and coaching fees for each team. They request gently used items in good condition.

The teams are looking for clothing donations for infants, children, males, and females. However, they are also accepting other wearable items like shoes, hats, belts, gloves, backpacks, and purses. Table linens, stuffed animals, towels, and sheets are accepted, too. The items should be in a white kitchen bag.

Both drives cannot accept uniforms or logo t-shirts in bulk. Mattresses, bed pillows, and hotel linens also cannot be taken. Breakables including toys, electronics, and books should not be donated.

The girls basketball team is holding their drive on Jan. 28. The girls soccer team is holding theirs on Jan. 5, 12, 19, and 26 in Los Al’s parking lot. This is the soccer team’s third year holding clothing drives. It began in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic limiting other ways of fundraising.

“It was very successful, so we decided to keep it going,” said Lauren Deninno, Los Al Girls Soccer’s Booster Board Ways and Means Chair.

Girls soccer clothes drive poster. (Los Alamitos High School newsletter)