Homecoming preparation

A basic summary of homecoming.

Jordan Freeman

One of the posters around campus listing the dance ticket prices.

Jordan Freeman, Staff Writer

Los Alamitos High School’s homecoming is coming up! Homecoming is a traditional function held by high schools across the country and is typically centered around one event, such as a sports game or dance. Los Al’s homecoming is to celebrate the fall sports, especially football, and consists of a football game and dance, as well as various activities leading up to homecoming.

Following a tradition held by many high schools, students are able to run for the title of homecoming queen or king.  While anyone can attend homecoming, only seniors can participate in this election. Seniors vote for the contestants the day before the football game, as the titles are announced during the game’s halftime. Five boys and five girls become the ultimate contestants, and eventually, two are voted as the winners.

School on Monday, October 17th will follow the modified bell schedule for the homecoming assembly that will take place during 3rd period. The homecoming football game, which students are requested to wear red to, is on Friday, October 21st at 7pm at Vets Stadium. The day after, Saturday, October 22nd, the homecoming dance will be held at Los Alamitos High School at a currently undetermined time with an undetermined dress code.